[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP]

Fri Sep 28 09:13:58 PDT 2001

What you probably saw was a red deer, which have been releases in Australia
for hunting purposes.  They are about 120 cm at the shoulder and weigh in at
around 160 kg for an adult male.

As a comparison, an adult male North American wapiti is about 150 cm at the
shoulder and weighs in at 450 kg.

If you want to see the types of deer found in Australia, check out:

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~adrf/NoFrames/page03.html

Bear