[Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP]

Elizabeth A Heckert spynnere at juno.com
Thu Sep 27 06:13:07 PDT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:18:50 -0500 "Decker, Terry D."
<TerryD at Health.State.OK.US> writes:
>It is my understanding that the red deer is, in general, smaller that
>the wapiti.  Also the term "red deer" is used to describe the summer
morph
>of the North American white-tail, so you might want to check as to just
>precisely what those farms are selling.

    Not to throw a wrench into the works, but what was the honking huge
pair of deer-like creatures I saw in the early morning fog in the
Grampian Mountains in Victoria, Australia???

    They were incredibly beautiful and *Huge*!  The Aussies I asked
seemed entirely unimpressed and said they were 'just deer'.  I looked up
and up and up, and I've seen moose, so I knew they weren't that.

    Elizabeth