[Sca-cooks] Responce to Threats.

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 28 09:45:39 PDT 2001

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> chirhart_1 at netzero.net writes:
>
> << > I find it hard to understand how people could threaten people with ME
>  personas! >>
>
> Consider the source. The best way that the SCA could irradicate this
> pretentious ignorant behavior is to banish any person making such threats or
> any other negative comments immediately from the SCA forever.  It would end
> pretty rapidly, I would guess.. The biggest threat  to our Society is not the
> ignorant, uneducated man but rather the educated  ignorant man.
>
> My .02
>
> al Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid

It's not the SCA people we're worried about.  It is the ignorant outsider who
could pose the threat.  For the most part, we know better.  It's Bubba with his
shotgun who drives past the tourney site and sees someone who looks like The
Enemy.  Real ME immigrants have been targetted, as have people who look like
them, such as observant Sikhs wearing turbans.  It's wrong, it's illegal but it
happens.  If I err on the side of caution, please believe that it is in the
interest of protecting the lifes of our friends and brothers, not out of bigotry.

Heart leading head, as usual,
Selene, Caid