[Sca-cooks] Re: Vatel: the video

phoenissa at netscape.net phoenissa at netscape.net
Fri Sep 28 18:12:10 PDT 2001

Devra at aol.com wrote:

>On a happier note, I wish to inform the list that VATEL, the movie about food (and also France and all that stuff) is now available on video.  Further, the Brooklyn Public Library has at least one copy for borrowing.  It is an awesome movie, and the subtleties are amazing.
>
>Devra the Baker

I saw this movie a few weeks ago - it's an excellent film!  (Script by Tom Stoppard...he is a genius, need I say more?)  The cast is very solid, the visuals are just spectacular (great costumes!!), and the food...well...the subtleties are indeed amazing, and even the not-so-subtle items that appear in the lavish banquet scenes are totally awesome :-)

Vittoria