Mooses [was Re: [Sca-cooks] Regretable foods.... OOP]

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 29 10:56:04 PDT 2001

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> --
> In a message dated 9/28/2001 11:10:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>

>>Adamantius, traumatized by 4000 verses of The Moose Song at 3 AM in my
>>own effin' cabin at an event as recently as three weeks ago, and who
>>can't even hear the word without twitching
>>

> Nothing matched the newly decoronated Countess Isabella of York singing, in
> perfect coordination with her husband, some of the *worst* verses of the
> Moose song that I have ever heard, in the (mostly) private room of the
> restaurant where we had dinner after coronation.  The wait staff were
> laughing so hard they fell over.  I sat there having a schizophrenic crisis
> while half of my brain wanted to laugh, and the other half was absolutely
> appalled to be in such company in a polite restaurant....I believe that there
> was a bet or some promise foolishly made at the start of the reign that led
> to this...

Two points... funny you should mention Her Excellency... we happened to be in the same cabin at John Barleycorn, and by sheer coincidence, it was she singing the 4000 verses of the Moose song. I actually went out at around 11PM looking for Puck, discovered he was asleep (seems his Master works him to death or something) and realized that it was fortunately impossible for us to get lost in the dark; we could just follow the sound.

The other... I hear a rumor that the restaurant had more SCAdians dining
with Isabella and Andreas than stayed to eat onboard at that Coronation
(neither a joke nor an exaggeration, apparently) although this may
simply be inaccurate. Let's say I heard head counts from both sites.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com