[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #693 - 22 msgs

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Sep 30 09:16:15 PDT 2001

Note that I said he has little, if any, sense of smell. Thus, vanilla,
which is pretty much an olfactory sensation, is lost on him. As is
garlic--it just tastes sharp to him. I'm not entirely sure why shallots
and green onions are included. It may be because he misses the nuances of
the various alliums entirely, or that the Sunset cookbooks, from which he
taught himself to cook, call for one or the other, mostly the green
onions, in most of the savory recipes.

Margaret