[Sca-cooks] Whole to ground spice equivalents

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 03:40:02 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/31/2002 2:09:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Is it worth purchasing? (from the feast steward point-of-view, as I'm
> not likely to ever be a professional cook, just an amateur one)....

I find it extremely useful, especially in the area of determining how much
raw ingredient I need to buy to make the cooked amount I want to serve.
There is so much shrinkage in some items when you cook them that it is
extremely easy to buy what looks like far more than enough and come up short
once the item is cooked (spinach comes to mind...).

Brangwayna