[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1651 - 18 msgs

Amanda Baker sca-cooks at treaclemine.cix.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 17:23:41 PST 2002

Greetings!

Selene said,

> Huzzah and welcome to the Wild Welsh Woman!

        Coo :-)  I'm only Welsh by location, but still :-)

> Unless your trip is much longer than you say, I think you'll be here
> for Crown Tournament, not Coronation.

        Well, you know, I'm just saying what my hosts told me, but either
sounds good to me :-)

> It's expected to be an interesting list, small but high-quality;  the
> site is 'way, 'way out of town, in the desert town of Victorville, so
> the competitors are limited to those who are willing to travel
> more than Caidans normally do.  Call it a 3 or 4 hour drive...

        OK, I see it on multimap :-)  Interesting scenery, then, and
a relatively small event by Caidan standards - what's that, by
Drachenwald standards, though? :-)

> I'll be sure to cook some interesting tourney munchies, I'm likely
> to be found around the heralds table.

        I expect Rhieinwen will be sure and introduce us :-)

> What goodies do you want us to bring you, and what trade goods can you
> bring from Wales?  I'm thinking anything from serious cookery books to
> silly Hollywood post cards.

        Oh, goodness! :-)  I can certainly offer Green & Black's Maya
Gold chocolate for starters ... Lucrezia, Keilyn, others, what goes
down well from our Isles in Caid and bordering realms?  Last time I
made such trades, favourite things included Marmite and chocolate Hob-nobs,
which dates my trip somewhat :-)  As for things to trade in return ...
I'm rather out of touch with what might be available ... again, others
from our Isles, and Caid, what should I seek??

        Best regards,

        Amanda