[Sca-cooks] I'm back

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 3 11:18:53 PST 2002

Greetings to the Cooks of the Known World,
	After quite some time off the list due to health problems, I have decided
to try it out again.  (After Pennsic last year the back injury I had been
dealing with got lots worse, and I'm still trying to resolve a ruptured disc
that's compressing my sciatic nerve, making sitting at the computer very
painful.  A neurologist yesterday told me it might be reachable by
microscopic surgery, which is the best news I've had!)
	So, how have things been going here?  I was just rummaging through some old
files to answer a question, and got nostalgic for the list, worts and all.
(Has Gunther beaten the list into shape yet?  Somehow, I doubt even such a
one as he could manage that task!)  And how distressed I was to hear that
Cariadoc has been arrested by the CIA for not being human!  How amazing!
(See April 1st A&S report for those that have not seen the news.
	Not much new on the cooking front here, standing and cooking (much less
washing dishes) has not been on top of my list, although I did make some
tasty lamb and spinach rolls for Easter dinner.
	I have been working on a Feast Planner's Guide (up to 55 pages so far, and
it makes up a roughly 3 hour class), which includes worksheets, lists, and
as much info as I can think of to help out future feast planners.  I hope to
be able to teach a couple of classes from it at Pennsic this year, providing
I'm there (with or without back surgery).
	That's all the news from here, sorry for the low period food content,
hopefully that will improve ('cause I know the list is totally
period-food-only discussion now, right? ;)
	Glad to be back,
	Mistress Christianna MacGrain