[Sca-cooks] Medieval foods for a buffet

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Thu Apr 11 16:05:07 PDT 2002

I'm getting older next week. 29 again!  I am throwing a party at my
house.  I am famous for providing huge amounts of wonderful food at my
parties.  Last year the spread consisted of:
Home smoked salmon, meatballs in homemade BBQ sauce, chiken wings in
Thai sauce, chicken wings in tandoori sauce, vietnamese spring rolls,
sushi, foccacia, dips, salsa (home made), profiteroles, cheesecake, feta
spinach parcels etc.
This year I want to sneak in some "medieval" items.  So far I am
planning on making Mushroom pasties from Menagier de Paris, Torta Bianca
(sorry can't remember the source of the top of my head).
Now to the question: What other suggestions do the cooks on this list
have for foods that are perfectly medieval, yet perfectly at home on an
eclectic buffet table?

Helewyse
p.s. update on the chipmunk situation, I kicked Sid (the cat) out this
morning and opened the door to the second story balcony in the hope that
the poor critter would make a run for it.  In case he/she didn't I've
set up a live trap baited with almonds (nothing but the best for victims
of my dumb cat).  Hope it ends well and not in a stain on the carpet.