[Sca-cooks] demo/easy period food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Apr 11 23:49:07 PDT 2002

Misha asked:
> P.S. Does anyone know a quick and easy recipe thats period to teach for a
> demo? I'm doing one on Sunday for our Youth Activity. Would Tiramisu be
> considered?

Personally I wouldn't consider Tiramisu as it had little connection
with medieval Europe. And especially at a demo, I would stick to
the mainline cultures.

Depending upon the age of your youths, whether this is a demo or
a particpatory class and such, you might find these files useful:
easy-p-recip-msg   (7K) 11/29/01    Some easy period recipes. Ideal for new
                                       cooks or for cooks new to period cooking.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/easy-p-recip-msg.html
chd-ck-clsses-msg (12K)  1/ 3/01    Children's cooking classes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/chd-ck-clsses-msg.html
p-cook-child-msg  (14K)  9/ 7/01    Period cooking for children.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/p-cook-child-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net