[Sca-cooks] Apologies, and farewell

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Apr 12 14:17:33 PDT 2002

Also sprach Ælfhelm se reade:
>  >Continuing will open a lot of doors with very dark hallways beyond.
>Please. Trust me. Not here.

Gee, and all (well, mostly) I meant was that if I had to hear much
more of the glories of Texas, I was gonna begin a classic rant about
one of my favorite topics, George W. Bush (_and_ his daddy!). You
would think Philippics were named after me! Your computer would
smoke! Luckily for all, this was forestalled by a wise ELA. But I
also thought excessive dumping, even if misinterpreted, was wrong,
too.

>I'm the first person to admit that I don't always understand what others
>mean when they post an email.  Because I don't like jumping to
>conclusions, I sought clarification -- not an argument.  I deeply hoped
>that I had misinterpreted, and I'm delighted to see that I was, indeed,
>mistaken.

Yes, fine, but sometimes even asking an innocent question _at the
wrong time_ can encourage others to act badly. Like, say, if you were
to ask me what I think of The Eructant Dubyatante. That would be an
innocent question, but it would cause me to act very badly. ;-) .
"You must use this power only for good!" (Those who feel the need,
contact me privately, OK?)

>However, so I won't be able to accidentally step on anyone's toes, I'll
>just depart the list.

Respectfully --> Or, as an alternative, you could realize that real
life and dealing with others is _always_ about trying your best, even
if you don't always succeed, and stick around, learn, help others,
and have fun.

Adamantius (list member since, I think, April of '96, and who has
seen a lot of this)