[SCA-cooks] Looking for picnic side dish

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 17:26:41 PDT 2002

>   >How about a cabbage salad?
>   >There are several in the files you keep.
>
>   Thanks for the input, but as they are already having a
>   salad, probably one of the standard lettuce, tomato etc
>   ones, I think that is probably a bit too similar.

Stefan, dearie, it's called "cole slaw" and there's not a cookout yet that
wouldn't benefit from a bowlful or two.  I made some for 12th Night and the
Cooks' Conference with half red, half white, and it was eaten up NUM!  Just
shred the cabbages instead of chopping.

How about Funges?  That would go well with burgers, either as a condiment or
a side dish.

I made an onion dish one time, but I think it was not period.  Was good,
though!

                                            ----= Morgan