[SCA-cooks] Looking for picnic side dish

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Apr 13 19:42:36 PDT 2002

>How about a cabbage salad?
> >   >There are several in the files you keep.
> >
> >   Thanks for the input, but as they are already having a
> >   salad, probably one of the standard lettuce, tomato etc
> >   ones, I think that is probably a bit too similar.
>Morgan Cain wrote:
> Stefan, dearie, it's called "cole slaw" and there's not a cookout yet that
> wouldn't benefit from a bowlful or two.
Oddly enough searching the Florilegium under
cole slaw gives you a reference to a game...
"Kicking Game. Like soccer, but with
a cabbage. Makes rather spectaular cole slaw explosions. ...
www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/child-gam-msg.html "

One has to search under cabbage to find the foods
associated with it.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis