[SCA-cooks] Apologies, and farewell

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 17:30:27 PDT 2002

Adamantius assured the person whose name boggles my computer:

> >I'm the first person to admit that I don't always understand what others
> >mean when they post an email.  Because I don't like jumping to
> >conclusions, I sought clarification -- not an argument.  I deeply hoped
> >that I had misinterpreted, and I'm delighted to see that I was, indeed,
> >mistaken.
>
> Yes, fine, but sometimes even asking an innocent question _at the
> wrong time_ can encourage others to act badly. Like, say, if you were
> to ask me what I think of The Eructant Dubyatante. That would be an
> innocent question, but it would cause me to act very badly. ;-) .

Or, perhaps, if one were to mention "The C Word" in the wrong company at the
wrong time?

                 (smiling sweetly and enjoying an Atlantian rock)

> >However, so I won't be able to accidentally step on anyone's toes, I'll
> >just depart the list.

Don't be silly.  We all have ten toes, so we've all been subject to a bit of
stepping.  Take Adamantius' advice, and if you are feeling cautious, just
don't talk - or email to people directly for a bit.

                                        ----= Morgan