[Sca-cooks] Heirloom Roses was roses...

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Apr 13 18:06:33 PDT 2002

Dana Huffman inquired in March regarding
the following:
> Dana/Ximena>
> P.S. Can anyone recommend me a good "eating" variety of
> rose?  I.e. for making rose water and/or using the hips in
> things?  The descriptions on the packages are notably
> lacking in comments on flavor...  :)
and  jemoore at firstam.com   posted on 14 March:
Anyway...wondering what roses to use.  I have a lot of store bought
roses
which I have dried, but can I use those to make <sugar of roses> (
delights
for ladies-hugh platt)
---------------------------
Quite by chance I came across today not one but two
catalogues that feature heirloom (old) roses...
These companies are:
Heirloom Old Garden Roses
24062 Riverside Drive N.E.
St. Paul, Oregon 97137-9715
Catalogue is 104 pages and costs
$5.00. It can be ordered from
1-800-820-0465, ext. 22
Or see the website at:
http://www.heirloomroses.com/
-------------------------------
The Antique Rose Emporium
9300 Lueckemeyer Rd.,
Brenham, TX 77833-6453
Free 64 page catalogue at
1-800-441-0002.
http://www.weareroses.com/index.tmpl is the
website for this company.
NOTE: This site links to a number of other rose
sites.

Hope this helps.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway