[Sca-cooks] Question on apples.

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 10:34:03 PDT 2002

Misha wrote:
>  I'm doing an apple recipe for my cooking demo. Im going to take apples and
>  cover them with honey and raisins (i'm thinking raisin's are period).

Uh, Misha, why are you doing this? There are plenty of "period"
recipes for apples, and they aren't hard to make. If you don't have a
stove at your demo, you could make a batch at home for tasting, and
bring a small set of the ingredients to show the kids what went into
it.

For example, apple moyle, mois, mus isn't hard to make - recipes were
posted to the list not long ago. The toughest part is the almond
milk, and for your demo, i recommend buying some at your local health
food store (comes in anaerobic boxes like soy milk, rice milk, oat
milk, soups, and juices). It's not as good as home made but would
save you lots of time.

Given a choice between the two, i think that using a "period" recipe
is more important than using a "period" apple.

Anahita