Subject: [Sca-cooks] quick and easy

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Sun Apr 14 18:04:44 PDT 2002

I ran a couple of classes on medieval food, and got the kids to make butter while we did it - it was a great thing to make as none of the kids had any real concept of how butter was made, and thought the fresh butter was just scrummy.

If you have access to an oven, hedgehogs are fun too, because everyone gets to have a go sticking almonds in.

Marzipan is another good dish to make with children as it is so simple, takes no cooking and gives them hours of moulding pleasure.

Kiriel