[Sca-cooks] interlibrary loan

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey mdcarey at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 23 04:43:31 PDT 2002

Johnna said:

As regards ILL, interlibrary loan always has the
caveat that it's not supposed to replace libraries
adding to their own collections. Often this means that
libraries will not lend items that are new or can be
easily purchased. Since this was a new book and available
at under $20 with a library discount,...

Very true, but not the problem in this instance.  When I
requested it, there were NO lending libraries showing on the
OCLC system.  Only 3 places owned it, and they all had it
marked as reference.  I had no intention of buying it sight-
unseen. (our bookshelf situation is BEYOND critical) So when it
showed up on my London trip, I pounced.  (And was I ever glad
we took along an empty suitcase - I got lots of stuph, including
the last copy of Queen Elizabeth's Closet at the V&A <chortling
in evil glee>)

Maria