[Sca-cooks] Cutting the cheese

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 09:16:34 PDT 2002

Hello EVeryone!

With pentathlon coming up next year March, I have been trying to research
stuff to cook/make.  The idea is 16th century italian food OR
japanese/chinese (depends on what I can come across that is documentable)
period cusine.  With this being said...

I was thinking of making cheese.  There is a great make your own
beer/wine/cheese shop near me (which they in fact have NO cheese there, for
you Monty Python fans) and I bought a kit for mozzerella and a "hard cheese"
which I can't remember if it had a name or not.  Plus a book on recipes.  I
just don't know history of this stuff as well as I probably should.  Does
anyone have any suggestions on history books on cheese and on suggestions on
which cheeses to make that would be good/popular to fit with Italy at around
1540.

Thanks!

--Arte