[Sca-cooks] pickled beets? - now Sekanjabin

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Thu Apr 25 09:01:18 PDT 2002

Selene, Caid, wrote:
>Reminds me of how =E6duin learned to look for writing on bottles at my house
>before drinking.  I really had written on there that it was no longer apple
>juice but undiluted sekanjabin syrup, and he took a healthy slug... Bleeeech!
I have one worse than that... at a particularly riotous Shire potluck a few
months back, desperate booze-hounds ran out of lemonade for the
rum-and-lemonades we were drinking, and tried rum-and-sekanjabin in the
spirit of pure experiment.  In a word - don't.  The combination, for some
reason, tastes and smells _exactly_ like turpentine.  It currently occupies
the bogey-man position in the Shire ("behave or we'll make you drink That
Drink...")

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.