[Sca-cooks] Lamb margali - was spiral cut ham

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 09:19:54 PST 2002

Even with lamb...how long do you marinate this?
Doesn't that break the fibers down to mush?  It sounds
good, just a little over marinated (and I'm guessing
the week is a joke).

Al
--- Marilyn Traber <marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com>
wrote:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail
> reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be
> legible.
> --
> --
> My favorite recipe is my own:
>
> take a leg of lamb, preferably bone in, but deboned
> and tied into a roast is
> ok.
>
> taking a paring knife, cut little slits all over it
> and put either a sliver
> of garlic or a leaf of rosemary in each.
>
> mix 1/2 cup each olive oil, lemon juice, cider
> vinegar and good red wine,
> and add freshly cracked black pepper, mint and
> oregano.
>
> get a large food safe plastic bag, put the lamb and
> marinade in it, suck all
> of the air out and put into the freezer and ignore
> for a few weeks. take it
> out to thaw 2 days before you want it, and just put
> the closed bag into a
> very large bowl [I have one of those god awful huge
> stainless mixing bowls
> you could bathe a small child in that is great for
> this.] let thaw in the
> fridge.
>
> roast over coals until done. serve with whatever.
> margali
> --

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)