[Sca-cooks] Lox::: was::: smoked fishies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 1 13:31:17 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>wait a minute... I thought Nova (the Cadillac of fishes  ;-)  ) was unsalted
>lox.... do you mean Nova is  raw?   Like sushi??
>Phillipa (who doesn;t know from bosht but loved to eat lox.)
>
>  > with Nova Scotia lox being the unsmoked type

No, more like sashimi. (Sushi is a rice dish which may or may not
involve raw or cooked fish.)The smoking process is cold, and doesn't
cook the fish, but the salting does preserve it to some extent. Is
this a problem? Will you stop eating it if I say it's raw? Okay, it's
cooked. Ouch, I just burned my finger on that hot-smokin' lox! ;-)

Adamantius (I must use this power only for good!)