[Sca-cooks] Lox::: was::: smoked fishies

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 16:17:24 PST 2002

> No, more like sashimi. (Sushi is a rice dish which may or may not
> involve raw or cooked fish.)

Sorry! I get those two types of food confused.

> Isthis a problem? Will you stop eating it if I say it's raw?

This is a problem for me physically.  With my ulserative colitis I am
EXTREMELY
sensitive to foods with even the tiniest bit of , should I say germs? decay?
any kind
of microbes or whatever tha might not be a problem for your normal SCAdian
but sends
me into a tailspin of an attack which in the past has made me very sick, one
time for
up to 10 months.
I learned to like sushi / sashimi when I was part of the SCA in the 70s in
Bkhail.  After one or two events we would trot over to the NJ shore and it
was there that I was introduced to this wonderful Japanese cuisine,.  (miss
it! darn it )  (And my tummy also cannot handle seaweed anymore!) bummer!
Phillipa