[Sca-cooks] Lox::: was::: smoked fishies

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 16:38:35 PST 2002

--- Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Interesting experiment , Phlip, but I would hesitate
> to eat  raw fish that
> was only marinated.  I would still think of it as
> raw.  And what if there
> were some little microbes of
> germs.... would the marinade kill them?

Probably yes. If the fish is truly fresh, there are
very few bacteria on it, and bacteria tend not to be
internal to the flesh. The bacteria on it would be
those which require a low-acid environment, and the
high acid in the lime juice would tend at worst, to
inhibit their growth, at best to kill most of them
off.

I don't know your gut, or what sets it off, but I most
likely would be willing to try it, but I'd wait for
Randy's input before doing so.

Do keep in mind that the normal intestinal tract
actually has quite a few little critters which help
you digest- I can definitely tell the difference when
I've been on a schedule of antibiotics which kill all
the little grubers off.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,