[Sca-cooks] maraschino cherries, was I quit- and froup!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 1 20:22:37 PST 2002

Also sprach Harris Mark.S-rsve60:
>And your point being?  Don't blame New York. Blame New Jersey?

That's pretty much my point. That, and blame Texas for allowing a
product whose corporate base is in New Jersey to imply it represents
the cuisine of Texas, and then to suggest that it is significantly
better than the rest of what is available in New York, which is also
patently false, if you take the time to look.

>Perhaps the disagreement is whether Pace represents "authentic
>Texas flavor". Well... I guess it could, but that's like saying
>the canned Cambell's New England Clam Chowder is "authentic
>New England flavor".

I don't know nuthin' 'bout that. Pace salsa picante, which is
actually manufactured in Texas, in spite of their corporate parents
being in New Jersey, would have us believe that it represents
authentic Texas flavor, and other Texans have suggested that this is
the case. I just object to their dumping on New York on the bogus
grounds that a good salsa would be impossible to find there, or that
the locals wouldn't know a good one if they saw it. I actually
regret, now, not having agreed to an offer to market my salsa cruda
some years ago. I'd be larffing muchly if it sold well in Texas.
Certainly the competition would be quick to point out where it's
from...

A.