[Sca-cooks] Outlands Coronation Dessert Competition

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 1 20:50:00 PST 2002

Also sprach Mary Denise Smith:

>Documentation is required, no exceptions. Documentation will consist of
>a copy of the original recipe, and your version (redaction) of the
>recipe. Please include justification for any major changes (dairy free,
>etc). Cookbooks open to a recipe page will not be permitted on the
>display table, and will not be counted as documentation. Please present
>documentation on a sheet (or 2 or 3, whatever) of paper. Looks count,
>spelling counts. Creativity counts, big time.

I note that while documentation is required (thank you!), it doesn't
strictly state that is has to be documented as a period food.
Suppose, say, I wanted to document my brownies with a copy of the
original recipe from the 5th (I think) edition of The Joy of Cooking,
and my redaction & changes (add nuts, or some such). Would I be
within the intent of the rules?

I'm asking for the benefit of I know not whom, but you know what I mean...

Adamantius