[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Dessert Competition documentation

Mary Denise Smith costumemag at costumemag.com
Mon Apr 1 22:24:33 PST 2002

Adamantius inquires: <Suppose, say, I wanted to document my brownies
with a copy of the original recipe from the 5th (I think) edition of The
Joy of Cooking, and my redaction & changes (add nuts, or some such).
Would I be within the intent of the rules?>

Funny you should pick brownies as an example, as HRH is known world
renowned for her brownies . . .

I didn't see the documentation paragraph in the light that you did, in
spite of numerous re-readings. This proves once again that one should
never proof read their own work . . .

The purpose of this competition is to 1) challenge the Outlands populous
to do some wonderful, funny and outrageous desserts and 2) BTW, discover
that a requirement for documentation is not a requirement for a masters thesis.

No doubt someone will make something chocolate, or some other heresy. I
will be happy, thrilled even, that that someone has gone to the effort
to make something and haul it to Coronation. I will be even happier that
the serious cooks make something stupendous, sumptuous, stunning and
completely within SCA period parameters.

MD/Marged
really, really hoping for some truly outrageous entries