[Sca-cooks] spanish tort recipe

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 20:45:00 PST 2002

On 2 Apr 2002, at 23:07, RedJouster at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Last year someone on this forum posted a spanish recipe for a fruit
> tort, I have lost it and was wondering if anyone had it and could
> re-post it.

What was it like?  There's the Stuffed Tortillon from Granado
(actually plagiarized from Scappi), which is sort of a jelly-roll with a
filling of dried fruits and spices cooked with wine.  A copy of my
translation, and Cariadoc & Elizabeth's redaction is online at:
www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Misc9recipes.pdf
It's on page 12.

The other Spanish recipe that occurs to me is the Torta a la
Genovesa from Nola -- it's a one-crust fruit and nut tart.
www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Guisados1-art.html
recipe #127.

If it's not either of these, could you describe what you remember of
the recipe?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net