[Sca-cooks] spanish tort recipe

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Apr 3 09:13:56 PST 2002

> Last year someone on this forum posted a spanish recipe for a fruit
> tort, I have lost it and was wondering if anyone had it and could
> re-post it.

I'm almost certain that I saved this recipe, however I'm not sure
that it is in the Florilegium, yet. The problem is that I've having
trouble decide just where to place various similar things.

Can someone tell me how they would differentiate between a tort,
a tart, a pie, a pastry etc? When is an item one of these and
not another?

Are tarts pies without top crusts?

Or maybe things should just be divided between meat pies, fruit
pies, custard pies etc.

A "jelly-roll" is probably a pastry though, rather than a pie.

Without somehow to divide these, I may have to resort to pie-msg,
pie2-msg, pie3-msg etc. :-(  Easier for me, but harder for those
searching for something.

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net