[Sca-cooks] cutting corn

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Apr 3 04:39:26 PST 2002

> Adamantius, who uses canned corn fairly frequently as a pantry
> convenience, but cannot abide frozen

Really, A? It seems to be an accepted fact in gastronomic circles that
frozen is the next-best-thing to fresh; if you buy a good quality
product, it's been frozen "at the peak of freshness" (I'm not trying to
sound like a commercial, honest I'm not). In fact, good frozen corn is
supposed to be better than mediocre "fresh" corn, which can be far less
than sweet. I *love* corn, but it's way too much sugar and starch for
me, so I never eat it anymore; I don't remember the last time I actually
made it in the house.

Avraham