[Sca-cooks] Pineapples

MD Smith costumemag at costumemag.com
Wed Apr 3 09:19:31 PST 2002

Do we know how they were eaten? Raw? Baked? Stewed? Were they perceived
to be a fruit (like a strawberry) or a vegetable (like an artichoke)?

Just as a wild speculation, would/could the idea be supported that the
Spanish Ambassador to England gave them as a gift, or had their cook
prepare them for a meal in their quarters at the English Court? What
about Queen Catherine? She was a Spaniard.

MD/Marged