[Sca-cooks] cutting corn

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 3 14:50:13 PST 2002

Well...then...all of you should plan a pilgrimage to beautiful southern
Maryland, where we grow the sweetest, most wonderful white corn in the
world...Silver Queen.  And, for whatever reason, the soil here makes it
sweeter than it is anywhere else I've ever tried it...and my father was a
very accomplished farmer, but could never get corn as sweet as it is here.
That is, of course, provided we get a break in the drought that we're
currently experiencing.  We've had some relief over the past couple of
weeks, but it's still critical here.

Kiri