[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Apr 3 21:56:23 PST 2002

I wrote:

>In my case, it converted me from a classical liberal bothered by the
>problem of where even a limited state got the right to make morally
>binding laws to an anarchist. That's why Heinlein is one of the
>people my first book was dedicated to.
>----------
>
>An anarchist? But, but... I thought you taught law. This seems
>so contradictory.

Anarchy doesn't mean a society without law or without order. It means
a society without a government.

>Your Grace, what was your first book? I'm afraid I'm only familar
>with the Miscellany and your period cookbook volumes.

_The Machinery of Freedom: Guide to a Radical Capitalism_. Published
in 1973,  in  print and available from Amazon.com. Part of it is
about how law could be created and enforced in a society with private
property and without a government.
--
David Friedman
Professor of Law