[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 4 04:55:56 PST 2002

It serves as the societal basis in most of L. Neil Smith's science fiction.

Having read The Machinery of Freedom, I find the idea interesting, but a low
probability for implementation.  It requires a major shift in the general
societal paridigm.  Of course, such a shift occurred a little over two
hundred years ago, leaving this country with a society which balances
between anarchy and facism.  The fact that the US is acting as an imperial
power could trigger another shift.

In any event, The Machinery of Freedom is worth reading just to stimulate
the mind.

Bear