Boy Scouts and the SCA, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Peers, Pressuring the BoD

Liam Fisher lordofmisrule at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 6 01:30:54 PST 2002

Correct, the Boy Scouts have been denied the use of public funding since
they started banning Homosexuals, Athiests and Wiccans.  They used to get a
solid chunk of funding from the United Way, but they still get enough money
from the private sector (including lots of fundamental religious
organizations).

I was a Brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow, not anymore.....but
that isn't for here.

As a private organization they do not have to provide any
kind of handicapped access at all for their sites.  Two of the local sites,
Camp Karoondinha, which is in my old shire, and camp Levigne are very
different.  The former has no facilities and is a real pain to get around
with a handicap and the latter has decent facilities.

Anyway, I guess my point is they're a private organization now and can do
what the heck they want to do.

Cadoc MacDairi
Mountain Confederation
Shire of Blak Rose