[Sca-cooks] OT: (really OT) advice for flu suffer

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Sat Apr 6 06:22:00 PST 2002

Okay...major disclaimer here.........I AM NOT PRESCRIBING!!

When I feel the syptoms you seem to describe, I often  seek my over the
counter Tagamet if my stomach is exceptionally bad (which seems to steady my
stomach).

If not, I usually try to drink warm liquids like clear soups (chicken or
vegetable broth - no tomatoes), a mint or chamomile  tea with honey (no
milk), lightly toasted bread with small amounts of a jam (no dairy).

Sometimes an activity lessens the effects of the flu because it focuses your
mind elsewhere.

Andrea (a cook)
mka Denise (a nurse)