[Sca-cooks] OT: (really OT) advice for flu suffer

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Sat Apr 6 05:14:56 PST 2002

   Howdy - I need advice. Either we have a stomach flu bug, or food
poisoning. Both hubby and I are dealing with nausea and the "feeling that
it's gonna get worse" - and we could cope with that just fine, except that
we have about 30 - 50 people descending on us in two hours and staying for
eight more. We're hosting an A&S/fighter's practise at our house.
   It's far too late to try to call folks and get it cancelled or switched.
So... outside of "try to stick with clear fluids" and "wash your hands and
reduce physical contact with others", does anyone know anything that will
help us make it through the next few hours? Is there a commercial product
that you know of that works to reduce symptoms? We don't usually get sick
like this, so are completely in the dark. Online medical pages don't seem to
have any real answers for adults.

Rosine, green