Subject: [Sca-cooks] Dame Aoife's absence...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Apr 8 09:40:48 PDT 2002

> >People often come up to me and say how astonished they are at my
> >manliness. Well, time to vacuum...
> >
> >Adamantius
>
> Ah! A Manly Man! Doing Manly things!...
>
> (If I have a wife known for her cleaver work _I'd_ be vacuuming too! Which
> reminds me, there's cat hair all over the hallway again...)
>
> 'Lainie

*giggle*

When my husband and I were first married, I had a very limited selection
of cookware, including a lovely 10-inch cast-iron frying pan I'd picked up
at a tag sale somewhere. We were teaching him to fry bacon (so I could
work on the rest of brunch), and the first time the bacon fat needed to be
drained off, I picked up the pan in one hand and dumped the grease into
the official grease-collecting soup can. The next time this needed to
happen, my DH tried to do as I had done, ended up using both hands to hold
the pan, and, looking at me very seriously, said "Remind me never to get
you angry." :-)

Margaret, who still has both the pan and the husband (who now uses the
nice lightweight Farberware to fry bacon)