Subject: [Sca-cooks] Dame Aoife's absence...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 8 10:56:43 PDT 2002

Also sprach Pixel, Goddess and Queen:
>Margaret, who still has both the pan and the husband (who now uses the
>nice lightweight Farberware to fry bacon)

Ah, the memories of learning to make puff pastry, and beating a pound
block of cold butter into a half-inch thick rectangle with a big ole
rolling pin. I did it in three shots and a very brief rolling, with
proper breathing, but the other students had a lot of trouble with
it. The instructor was also impressed. I told him he should see me
raise a 14-gauge knee-cop. He didn't get it.

I'm also reminded of a certain Atlantian Duke who used to live in my
group, being distinctly concerned about the possibility that his
challenge to fight might be misinterpreted, once he saw me chine a
loin of pork, holding the meat in one hand, and a cleaver in the
other.

Does anyone else remember Lupo the Butcher?

Adamantius