[Sca-cooks] Gooses, stuffing, endoring, ovens

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Apr 8 10:00:38 PDT 2002

At 12:33 PM 4/8/02 -0400, you wrote:
>No, everything seemed to work fine except that there wasn't a whole lot in
>the way of a golden color.
>
>Kiri

Hmm. Did you try multiple layers, letting them dry a bit between? I seem to
remember doing that. Also the one in _Forme of Cury_ #182 (as opposed to
the Diuersa Servica- which is of beef) specifies flour in with the yolkes
of eyeren- whci really helps build up the color. #182 is the Duck Balls
recipe BTW... ;-) Maybe I should send is anonymously to catering, now that
I'm out of school... ;-D

'Lainie