[Sca-cooks] Looking for Nanna....

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Wed Apr 10 02:46:48 PDT 2002

I'm still here, just very very quiet for various reasons.

The website is in Norwegian but that doesn't mean I can't translate. Do you
need a complete translation of the text or just a summary? In short, this is
the only surviving old Norwegian variant, and in fact very similar to the
old Icelandic hens (a few of them still survive too, and are mostly kept for
fun and for decorative purposes, just as the Norwegian ones. They are more
colorful, though.). They are hardy, very active, always searching for food,
better at flying than ordinary hens and good layers.

If I was able to raise chicken in my backyard, this is the type I would opt
for, any time.

Nanna