[Sca-cooks] Re: Hot boys (was Adamantius being a housfrau)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Apr 10 11:00:09 PDT 2002

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:

>  > Liberace...
>
>Don't scoff, millions of women loved him!

Yup. And millions of men love Britney Spears. QED.

>>  OT tangent to an OT thread... has anybody besides me noticed that the
>>  older Sean Connery gets, the more he resembles Boris Karloff (which I
>>  say not to diss Sean Connery, rather to compare him to someone truly
>>  great).
>
>I'm going to have to think about this.  At least Seano had attractive
>offspring.  Jason Connery is a cutie - mum must have been a beautiful
>blonde.  The Karloff daughter, while a nice person, understand, does lots
>of appearances and stuff, but looks-wise, she favors her father, and not
>in a good way.  Eearrrrgggg.

However, Karloff's daughter did not, strictly speaking, go into show
bidness. Now Liberace, on the other hand... ;-)

I have a glorious memory of an incident at a local Commons [local
business] Meeting held here in the Crown Province of Ostgardr many
years ago, when I first jined up. This is really a story you need to
hear rather than read, but I'll try. A lady spoke up about something
or other, a lady I did not know, and her voice, accent, and speech
patterns bore an amazing resemblance to those of Karloff, and after
listening with great fascination, I finally approached her at the end
of the meeting to talk with her and see if she talked that way all
the time. The short version of it is that indeed she did, and it
turned out that she came from the next village but one, in England,
from the one wherein William Henry Pratt was born, and where
everybody talks like Bobby (Boris) Pickett, apparently...

Adamantius