[Sca-cooks] Greetings

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Wed Apr 10 22:04:19 PDT 2002

Thanks to everyone for sources and information.  Some I knew about but needed the reminder.  Saying Moroccan cooking gives a person a better idea what I am after to do.  Saw that it is simple and has a greater history than some other cultures.  I don't have a persona from that region or time, but like the looks of the food and alot of it I like to eat.  Sorry to those that don't like the term "feastocrat".  Every cook is different and have their title their way in the newsletter and advertisements.  If I get to do the feast, I'll have title of "Feastocrat", just to keep a little fun and sense of humor, while I look like a crazed cook.  As for some of the book suggestions, I checked my library, sad to say, they are greatly lacking in historical cookbooks, so off to elsewhere to look.  Was planning on avoiding pork, it was the suggestion of substuting lamb with beef, to help cut cost and deal with the unusualness of lamb.  As for my location, Middleford, Ansteorra.  With having Ft. Hood here, our melting pot makes for an interesting cooking pot too.  Hopefully, when I call the stores that they can understand me and what I need.  Must finish looking for recipes, do changes, and get grocery list made.  All I really have to do is turn in the bid and menu, but I plan to show the officers what I can do, by cooking a small sample and presenting it.  So please cross your fingers and make your prayers to those that you believe in, and hope to see the newest cook, or feastocrat make a good feast for a great event.  Sincerely, Aurore