[Sca-cooks] Things to bring from/taste test in Scotland (was Wales)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 10 22:31:04 PDT 2002

Jennifer Whitbeck asked:
> While we're on something similar... what sort of
> regional specialties would anyone recommend trying
> when in Scotland? We're having our honeymoon there in
> late Spring and I'd love to take advantage of the
> opportunity to do more culinary exploring (as long as
> it's not the deep-fried candy bars!).

I'm not sure if this file has any specific food recommendations
or not. However, even if it doesn't, you might find some of the
reviews of various locations and activities of interest:
Scotland-msg      (65K)  5/25/99    Scottish culture. Who lived where. Medieval
                                       points of interest. The Orkney Islands.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Scotland-msg.html

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net