[Sca-cooks] yippee - oop, ot

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 01:10:30 PDT 2002

Phlip wrote:
>Trust me, I understand. Akim was being smug in his
>Tennesseeness on our Household List, and he DARED to
>say that Scotti, Stefan and I wouldn't eat Southern
>delicacies, like grits and black-eyed peas.

Hunh??? I eat black eyed peas and i was born in Chicago... (blues
break here). And while i don't cook grits at home, i do eat it at
Lois the Pie Queen's (a local restaurant) along with hot links, eggs,
and biscuits. This is in Northern California. I did live in New York
City, between Chicago and NoCal, but i've never lived in the south,
except for Southern California, and i know that doesn't count.

And, yes, butter on the grits, but then, i am aberrant and don't like
sweets much.

Now, i don't have a roasting spit or a barbecue, so i make pork ribs
in the oven. I make my own sauce, which i marinate them in first -
sherry, brown sugar, sambal ulek, garlic, a little dash of vinegar, a
little soy sauce, some tomato paste - then baste them with it while
they "bake". Not suh-thun, but not too northern either.

Anahita
so sweet she doesn't need sugar...
yeah, right, sure...