[Sca-cooks] Drake's a food nazi - was Mastajhi Soup

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 09:59:51 PDT 2002

> > I am pretty much a minimalist about these things, but I think part of
> > your problem is that you're applying a European
> > brown-bread-and-butter smoked salmon preparation's standards to a
> > modified Jewish brunch bagel presentation, which, while a classic in
> > itself, is somewhat different. Yes, it's a little extreme, I think,
> > but you may be being a little harsh on the poor sod.
>
> That, that... monstrosity of Herriot's isn't a "modified Jewish brunch
> bagel presentation". It's an abomination of a modified Jewish brunch
> bagel presentation.

Agreed.  Let's face it, Ainsley Harriott doesn't exactly look Jewish, and
doesn't exactly sound New Yorker, being a large cheerful black man from
England.  What the heck does he know about Lox anyway?  In Scotland, they
know smoked salmon at least.

> Ashkenazic food is my mama-loshen.

Sing it, boychik!  We love it, although the cholesterol level has probably
killed more of us than that evil pair, Hitler and Hamen put together.

Selene, Caid, bicoastal babe born in NYC