[Sca-cooks] Re: Hollywood gays (was movie night at therock)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Apr 11 21:28:57 PDT 2002

>Most of the
>affirmative action gig is based on being discriminated
>against for something you can't help- race, gender,
>disability, etc. Homosexuality is considered a choice,
>in most people's minds, and while current laws are
>starting to recognize gay bashing as a crime, I don't
>think being gay is considered a disability.

Being gay is not considered a disability.  However, in and of itself,
sexual orientation *is* a protected class under many anti-discrimination laws.

Don't know that affirmative action is really called for, but they can't
fire, refuse to hire, whatever, someone who prefers the same gender as they
are.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom