[Sca-cooks] Old in the SCA, was Hollywood gays

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Fri Apr 12 10:14:08 PDT 2002

    She was in her late 50's at the time, and it was in Evansville, Ind. I
had talked to her (she went to school with my mother) about the SCA, and she
was very excited that there was a group that actually put into practice what
she had studied. Several months later, she wrote me and expressed great
sorrow that the local group there simply had no use for her because she was
too old. I never got any details, but reading between the lines, I got the
impression that the local group had been quite unkind to her.
    This was a real pity, as both she and her husband were astoundingly
talented (he would send out hand illuminated Christmas cards), and were both
possessed of remarkable intellects. I suppose they just lacked the proper
party instincts . . .

    Sieggy