[Sca-cooks] Old in the SCA, was Hollywood gays

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 10:36:00 PDT 2002

Adamantius wrote:
>To some extent, the SCA is getting older, and while I can see some
>possibility for conflict between the different age groups ("ANOTHER
>Woods Battle? We just had one last year!!!"), I wasn't aware of our
>elders being treated with anything but respect, especially not with
>(barely) middle-aged folk like me around to smack those who do not
>respect their elders.

Actually i see a real age spread, at least around here in the central West.

Two of my friends in their late 20's just had babies in late
Dec.-early Jan. They've brought the little ones to some events - even
made garb for them :-)

And since i live where the SCA started i know quite a few folks who
were in since the first party. They aren't the oldest people i know,
since they're around my age or a couple years older. We also have
some even older folks who joined later.

I think a community (sub-culture :-) is healthier when it has a
genuine age range, from infants to elders.

Anahita
I am Grey, i stand between the darkness and the light...
oops, wrong time period